Infranode portfolio company, Oslofjord Varme, acquires additional shares in Fredrikstad Fjernvarme
Oslofjord Varme (owned 42.5% by Infranode) has completed the acquisition of an additional 22% equity stake in Fredrikstad Fjernvarme from Fredrikstad Energi. Following this acquisition, Oslofjord Varme’s equity ownership in Fredrikstad Fjernvarme increases from 35% to 57% with the municipality-owned entity FREVAR owning the remaining 43%. Fredrikstad Fjernvarme holds the district heating concession
in Fredrikstad, a fast-growing municipality in the county of Østfold, Norway. The company has a turnover of around NOK 60m and delivers heat & cooling solutions across the municipality. Oslofjord Varme is owned by Infranode, Mirova and KLP.
“We are very pleased with supporting Atle Nørstebø and his team at Oslofjord Varme increasing its ownership in Fredrikstad Fjernvarme. Oslofjord Varme will continue to support the growth & development of Fredrikstad Fjernvarme”, says Erik Botnevik, Country Head of Norway at Infranode.
For further information or comments, contact:
Erik Botnevik, Country Head Norway, Infranode
+47 91 55 50 58
Infranode is a long-term infrastructure investor with focus on the Nordics across the energy, transport, telecom and social infrastructure sectors. Infranode’s team includes 10 infrastructure investment professionals with offices in Stockholm, Helsinki, and Oslo with approximately EUR 450m of capital under management. The investor base comprises pension and insurance institutions such as the Swedish State pension fund AP4, Folksam, Swedish municipal pension fund KPA Pension, LähiTapiola, the European Investment Bank, and the IMAS Foundation. Infranode is an affiliate to AREIM, an established Nordic real estate fund manager and adviser.